I’ll take a Magna Doodle and a Dear Diary please
My dad recently came across an OLD Christmas list that I had written. I must have been 10 or 11 when this gem of a list formulated in my mind.
In case you can’t read that, I wanted:
- Bugs Bunny Stuffed Toy ($19.99…that’s INSANE)
- Magna Doodle ($11.99)
- Nerf Sneak Shot Blaster ($17.99)…yeah, I’m cool.
- Dear Diary ($29.99). 90’s blogging!
- Nightmare Before Christmas ($13.99)
- Maniac Mouse ($11.99)
- Thunder Strike 10 ($17.99)
- Incredible Edibles Gross-E-Ries Maker ($24.99)
- Aladdin and Sonic Spin Ball Game Gear Games ($34.99 and $29.99)
- Super NES Jurrassic Park ($42.99)
Seriously, a MAGNA DOODLE?? That’s a Fisher Price toy for little kids…
And apparently this commercial had a really big impact on me…
And this was like SOOOOO high tech…
I can’t actually remember receiving any of these gifts. Maybe Nightmare Before Christmas? Surprises were always better anyway. I have a faint memory of staring at the Toys R Us catalog and just writing down everything I saw. I was destined to be a nerd and I love it.