Bridal Expo Explosion
Talk about a bridal madhouse.
I attended my first Bridal Expo this weekend and I quickly discovered that I am very behind the game. My wedding day is just about 4 months away…most people in attendance we getting married in 2012 (I deciphered this thanks to the sign up sheets at the vendor tables. I’m a sleuth).
Anyways, I tagged along with a friend of mine in the hopes that I could try some yummy cake samples and maybe find a band and some transportation (yea we’re a little behind).
The Expo was held in a hotel and it seemed to take up the ENTIRE first floor of the place. There were upwards of 75 vendors, a fashion show stage, door prizes, and hundreds of crazy people. I was decently entertained with the people watching and I did end up making an appointment with an invite shop (oh yea we need to invite people to this shindig…). I also talked to a few transportation companies and I think I found us a band. All in all I would say it was a success and I’m glad I went. I don’t think you could drag me to another one for less than $5,000 though.
In other news, the diamond fell out of my engagement ring.
I was literally just sitting on the couch, minding my own business, when the damn thing fell right out. I wasn’t even MOVING. I was rather stunned at this occurrence, but I figured it would be an easy fix. I dropped it off at the jewelery store and they ended up having to order some special thingy to replace the diamond. It cost me a grand total of $0, thank goodness. I had to go ringless for about 4 days though, so that was weird.
But now it’s back on my finger and happily polished.
Thankfully this little sucker is fully insured, so I could drop it down a drain or into a shark’s mouth and get another one for free. YAY!
I few other wedding tidbits…
- We have our PHOTOGRAPHER and she’s RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. You can check out her page here.
- I’m thinking about having the bridesmaids carry RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME paper flowers.
- We have blocked off rooms at a nice hotel for our RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME guests.
- I’ve started construction on our RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME wedding website.
- I have my first RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME dress fitting on July 23rd which means I need to find a pair of RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME shoes before then.
I’m off to try and book our honeymoon! Ciao!